When you sit down for a fancy mean, it’s not just a napkin in the lap that’s going to cut it. There are other rules that will help you fit in.
According to Food and Wine
- Never lift the menu off the table
- Don’t clink the glassware. The less noise, the better.
- Keep the rim of your plates as clean as possible.
- Place discards on the upper left part of the place
- Keep your bread on the plate at all times unless you are delivering it to your mouth
- Never say you are going to the restroom. Just excuse yourself.
- Leave one bite left on your plate. It shows you enjoyed the meal but weren’t so hungry that it wasn’t enough.
Listen at 26 minutes in the podcast below:
Powered by WPeMatico