Jodi’s Chicken Noodle Soup (IP and Stove Top versions)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (feel free to do boneless skinless thighs too)
- 3 ribs of celery, sliced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons butter (i may use more next time for more flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 7 cups of chicken broth*** or chicken stock
Use only real or boxed chicken broth. I don’t recommend bone broth for this recipe. When I used bone broth – it was to bland.
I added about ½ stick of butter when all cooking was finished, right before serving. It needs that added flavor.
- Season the raw chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Cut all the veggies. Melt the butter in the Instant Pot.
- Next, lightly brown the chicken pieces in butter in the IP, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Then turn the IP off. Add celery, carrots, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and uncooked noodles. Close the lid, move the valve to sealing, and turn it on to cook for 7 minutes.
- Once finished, do a quick release. You CAN do a natural release – but it will add almost 15 minutes to your cooking time. Serve and enjoy!
(HINT: It is better the 2nd day.)
Stove top Version:
Use all the same ingredients listed above.
Cook your chicken on the stove top, in the oven OR slow cook it all day!!! Add seasonings and butter. SAVE any and all broth that is made from cooking it. You will still use 7 cups of broth. Shred or cut the cooked chicken. Bring the broth to a boil. Add the carrots, celery, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook for about 20 minutes at a rolling boil until carrots are pretty soft. Add the chicken. Keep it at a nice boil and add the noodles. Cook for another 10 minutes at a boil. Then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until ready to serve. This one is also better the next day.
Powered by WPeMatico