Combination of avocado and edamame makes this wonderful delicious and nutritious dip. Serve with fresh veggies or chips. Visit Holly’s blog for more recipes.
Makes 10 (1/4-cup) servings
- 1 large avocado, (about 2/3 cup mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In food processor, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Terrific Tip: Can also use to stuff vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Nutrition Nugget: Soybeans are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary to ingest through food for their anti-inflammatory benefits.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 62, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Fat (g) 3, Calories from Fat (%) 47, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Total Sugars (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 50, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Want to hear more? Listen to Murphy Sam and Jodi: On Demand
Powered by WPeMatico